Meet the "Real" Betty

Meet the "Real" Betty
Betty through the ages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Big Decision


OK.  I’ve really thought about it and I have come to a decision.  Only committing to do one week strictly by 1940s rations is not going to prove anything to myself (or anyone else for that matter).   Therefore, I am going to commit right now to a full month on rations.  At that point, I will evaluate the situation and decide if I want to continue living on strict rations or if I just want to play loosey goosey and only focus on cooking WWII era and other vintage recipes.

I guess a small part of me knew I wanted to commit to more than a week of rationing in the beginning.  Hello?  I named my blog The Amazing Adventures of Ration Woman.  If I had only been interested in cooking vintage recipes, I would have named it something else, wouldn’t I?

Anyway…

I have my grocery list made up for our big shopping trip at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning.  I’m kind of a geek so I have actually made it out according to the layout of the store.  (Yes, I know that makes me a super geek.)  I hate shopping, though, and I find that having a list made out according to the store layout saves time and money.  In addition, it keeps my husband on his toes.  If I dawdle too much while shopping, he tends to get distracted and starts fiddling around with the internet on his phone – which I HATE!  Before I know it, I have continued on to the next aisle thinking he is still behind me, talking and getting very strange looks and he is still standing back in the previous row updating his Facebook page. When I go in with my list made up according to store layout, I tend to pick up only the items on my list and make my way through the enormous grocery store much, much faster.  If I am moving at a good clip, my husband does a much better job of keeping up and I look like much less of an idiot when I am talking with him and not thin air.  Anything to get it all over faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment