Meet the "Real" Betty

Meet the "Real" Betty
Betty through the ages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Day 4 - Sticking With It


Did you ever have one of those days where you wake up feeling like you have been run over by a truck?  I had full intentions of cooking a new wartime recipe today.  Then I woke this morning feeling like squirrels had been hiding acorns in my throat.  My energy was zero and my will to get up and cook an actual meal matched that.  Fortunately, I was able to stick with my rations. 
 
I finished off the last slice of Spam today and sautéed some mushrooms in the same pan.  I also warmed up a piece of the sausage roll this afternoon and it almost tasted better today than it did yesterday.  My day ended with a bit of fish that my husband brought home.  Not super exciting but it worked.
 
Oh, what I wouldn’t do for a big pot of homemade chicken noodle soup right now!
 
What do you like to eat when you aren’t feeling well?  Could you make it work with rationing in the 1940s?

No comments:

Post a Comment