Meet the "Real" Betty

Meet the "Real" Betty
Betty through the ages

Friday, April 24, 2015

I Found My Thrill



I felt like it was time to post a dessert recipe since up to this point, I have only posted recipes for two cakes and two toppings.  This is because I am not a big fan of sweets so I just do not indulge in them very often and, therefore, do not often make them.  When I was at the grocery store last night, though, the blueberries were beautiful and they were calling my name.  I knew immediately that it was time to make Blueberry Hill.

Blueberry Hill is one of those recipes that is so incredibly easy and delicious, you will want to make it all of the time.  It is sweet and creamy and lemony and it is perfect for a special occasion or “just because”.  Make it once and your family will love you.  Make it twice and you may find yourself hiding in the closet so you won’t have to share with anyone else!

Blueberry Hill
Serves 6

Ingredients
  • 18 ounces fresh blueberries
  • 4 ounces cream cheese
  • ¾ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
  • 1 lemon, zested (Save the rest of the lemon to add to your drinking water!)
  • 1 teaspoon honey



Directions
  1. In a medium size mixing bowl, whip cream cheese with an electric mixer until soft and smooth.
  2. Add yogurt, lemon zest and honey to cream cheese and whip until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
  3. Add blueberries and carefully stir until evenly covered.
  4. Serve immediately or store* in an airtight container in the refrigerator.


*Note:  If you choose to store your Blueberry Hill in the refrigerator, the lemon flavor will increase slightly as it sits.








What is your favorite fruit?  Comment below and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment