Meet the "Real" Betty

Meet the "Real" Betty
Betty through the ages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Garlic Parm Fingering Potatoes

If you have been following my blog, you, no doubt, have noticed that potatoes frequently make an appearance in my kitchen.  I often attribute my love for potatoes on my Irish ancestry.  The reason they are often in my kitchen, though, it because they are an easy vegetable to prepare.  In a matter of minutes, you can dress them up or dress them down and you end up with a delicious dish that even the pickiest of eaters will love.

Tonight, I wanted the star of the show to be my Island Spiced Chicken so I threw together a simple side of Garlic Parm Fingering Potatoes to pair with it.  These potatoes are wonderfully easy to make.  They toss together in a matter of minutes.  Since they are cooked in a covered dish, they can stand to sit in the oven a little longer than if they were uncovered.  I put mine in and took them out of the oven at the same time as my chicken and they came out perfectly.

Garlic Parm Fingering Potatoes
Serves 4 – 6

Ingredients
  • 1 ½ pounds fingering potatoes (or substitute regular potatoes cut into chunks)
  • 1 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese

Mixed up in minutes and ready for the oven!
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
  2. Clean potatoes and cut larger ones in half.
  3. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil and toss lightly to coat all potatoes.
  4. Sprinkle minced garlic and Parmesan cheese over potatoes and toss lightly to coat.
  5. Cover and bake at 325°F for 60 minutes or until done.  (If you are cooking other food in your oven at the same time, you can leave these potatoes in for up to 90 minutes without burning them.  Do try to stir them once or twice during cooking time if you do this and remove if they appear to be drying out too much.)


What vegetables are staples in your kitchen?  Comment below and let me know!




No comments:

Post a Comment